Friday on one of the blogs I read (Kelly's Korner), we were asked to "show us where you live." This post is actually late (well, it is late -- almost 3 AM, but this post was intended for Friday). However, I still wanted to participate, so friends and family can see where we live.
This week: Kitchen Edition
A little history on our house . . . we've been here about 3 years. We bought the house partially finished. This is the first place that I've been able to choose wall colors. So I HAD to go with COLOR!! The kitchen is painted French Pastry (how fitting for a kitchen). I've added a few decorations over the years, but I've always had an apple theme in my kitchen.
This view of the kitchen is from the hallway. As you come up the split entry to the main level of the house, you would be facing the dining room table and sliding glass doors. *We sold our high chair before Baby #3 came along. He's happy with a booster seat, and I'm happy with one less peice of furniture.
This china cupboard was handed down to us from my husband's grandmother. It's a
little darker than the rest of the wood we have in the house, but we can't part with it or the dining room table that also belonged to her. (I store booklet-type cookbooks in the basket on the floor. My other cookbooks are above the stove almost out of reach. Some day when I grow up, I'll have a book case for all my cookbooks.)
This little inlet is pretty much out of sight (thankfully since my kids like to post they latest craft on the fridge). I hung up a cork board to keep track of school calendars, nursery and singing schedules too.
The pantry is on the far right of the photo. My double oven (which was a birthday / anniversary / Christmas gift for a few years running from my hubby) is wonderful especially when company comes over.
This is looking back into the dining room area (and toward the hallway where the bedrooms and bathroom is located).
Not that it's pretty, but I had to take a picture of my pantry. The previous owners used this as a coat closet!?!? Everywhere we have lived since we were married didn't have a pantry, and I had to keep my pantry items in the basement. I am so thankful to have a pantry IN the kitchen area. (Notice the toy vacuum next to the real vacuum? Guess who? Little Mr. Janitor Man.) To the right of this photo is the living room.

1 comment:
What a cozy kitchen you have and a sweet story too~ Susie
Post a Comment