Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday To My Little Girl

*UPDATED: See pics at bottom of post*

It's hard to believe that my firstborn will be 8 years old today (7:28 pm to be exact). In some ways, I remember more about the day she was born than when my other kids were born. Guess it's mostly because I was busier and busier as the other came along and my memory continues to fail.

Being a parent is not what I envisioned, but I don't think anyone ever knows what it means to be a parent until you are one. We are blessed beyond measure, and we love our children more and more each day. It helps that they "say the darndest things" to help lessen the blows of the tough times.

She has a long way to go, but she is growing up into a fine young woman!

We love you Makenna! We hope your birthday is special!



Pictures from the past ~

Happy 7th Birthday!

Happy 6th Birthday!

5 years old

4 years old (with sister, Madi)
3 years old
I couldn't leave this one out! It's one of our favorites. She loved to eat lemons. We had gone to Olive Garden with family and were being entertained by Makenna while we waited for our food.

Happy 2nd Birthday!

Happy 1st Birthday!

Born May 5, 2001

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hard to believe our babies are 8. Seems like yesterday...

Happy Birthday, Makenna!