--------------------------------
Kristin's health has continue to quickly decend. Her husband, Mike, posted this on Facebook about 45 minutes ago:
I had the unfortunate duty today to explain clearly to Sean and Caralynn (individually) that mom was going to die. They both cried, Caralynn was very clingy and Sean was just sad. Not longer after Kristin woke up, so I spent time sharing my love with her, then I called down each kid to hug and kiss mom and to tell her they loved her. When Alyssa came down, I let her know what was going on and that I was going to leave her alone with her mother so she could say her good byes in private. I could hear her crying in the other room and when she was done she just hugged me and wept. Not to long after this Alyssa's best friend called and I'm thankful they were able to talk for some time. I so glad she has a friend that loves God and her friend and is there for her during this time. I had a dear lady in our church who lost her husband this past January call and offer to help. She said "You were there for me when my husband past and I wanted to return the favor." There was nothing she could do, but as a pastor I love the servants heart in her, what a blessing. The Cooks are about two hours away and David (Kristin's Brother) will be her about an hour after the Cooks arrive. I am exhausted and my body is begging for sleep, please pray I gain some energy.
Just a reminder: Kristin is 35 (just two weeks older than me, exactly, and born on the same day as Madison and Uncle Jon). She & Mike will have been married 15 years in June. They have four children: Alyssa (who will turn 14 on May 5th if I remember correctly), Sean (12), Caralynn (6 - who is on the brink of salvation) and Ethan (2).
Pictured is Kristin and her children on their family trip to Philadelphia where they had a photo shoot done upon hearing she had terminal cancer.
I am so thankful for the glorious hope we have in Christ that we will be reunited in Him someday. In the meantime, please pray for the Cook/Wheeler family as they cross through this dark valley.

2 comments:
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:7
The One who gives us our hope hears our prayers. We cherish many memories of Kristin as a big sister to our Joe. She was 5 and he 2 when they first met. Please let Dave and Carole know they are in our hearts and prayers.
With Love, Mike and Brenda Miller
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Phil 4:7 We love you and are praying for you. Dave and Carol you are in our hearts. Love, Mike and Brenda Miller
Post a Comment