Sunday, June 14, 2009

Aunt Mel's Bridal Shower

Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm! I've created this post twice already, and it mysteriously deleted!!
Going back in time . . . I'm embarrased to say the shower was April 4th. I'm trying to get a few posts out and catch back up. If it doesn't happen this weekend, I just won't have time to post -- with the upcoming wedding on July 4th!
Here is the Briday Party -- Back Row: Becky and Beth
Front Row: Me, Mel (the Bride, my sister) Mary and Katrina
Another FRUSTRATION!! I've edited and rotated this photo a bunch of times.
This is a picture of the table setting. You'll just have to turn your head -- sorry!
The cake -- although not as ordered, it served it's purpose.
The food table
This was taken before the shower with people mingling and not all the food ready. The shower was at Cleveland Baptist Church in the Fellowship Hall. Growing up, I attended this church and my parents and sister still attend there.
"Oh, please let me get this one right!"
Instead of the usual shower games, we asked Josh (the groom) questions ahead of time and during the shower asked Mel how he would answer them. To make it more interesting, Mel had to chew a peice of gum for every question she answered wrong. She did have a mouthful at the end.
Anna my brother Steve's girlfriend and Mom (Gramma)
This is my first grade teacher, Mrs. Engle and my sixth grade teacher, Mrs. Jones. It was good to see familiar faces from my younger days. At the beginning of the afternoon, we asked everyone to introduce themselves and say how they knew Mel. It was a very touching time as people shared how they have been friends and part of my family's life for years. My parents have attended CBC since before they were married almost 38 years ago.

2 comments:

Grape News said...

My C is in a wedding on July 4th! For the bride's shower we played the same game, except we used marshmallows and she had to hold them in her mouth. YUCK

Rebecca said...

J, I have to laugh out loud that you HAD to point out that the cake was WRONG!!! Please try not to be bitter for life! :)
The shower was beautiful, thanks to you! One of the best showers I've been to in a long time. Props to you!