Seeing as we live in the sticks, a mall with a food court is a novelty. We let her pick where she wanted to eat. She picked Chick-fil-A. She laughed at the cow with the signs and loved that she could pick fruit and milk with her meal.
Build-a-Bear: We had taken Makenna to Build-a-Bear when she was 3, so we figured this was a great opportunity to take Madison.
At first she wasn't sure what to do. After about 5 minutes, she picked Hello Kitty complete with matching Hello Kitty pjs and slippers. But then she changed her mind. . .
She ended up with the Spring Bear. Here she is warming the heart and giving it a kiss before placing it in her bear.
We created a birth certificate for "Baby Madison" -- what an original name, but they said that happens a lot!
Madi enjoyed spending the day with us. She is so sweet and has such an enjoyable personality when she is by herself. I wish we could spend time with her alone more often. I think she felt really special with all the attention on her.
Off to Children's Hospital . . . they have so many things around that kids' enjoy. I don't think Madi remembers who this was, but she wanted her picture taken with Mushu. I think she liked him just because he was bigger than her.
The doctor decided to only do the EKG today. Madi did well. She was a little apprehensive and wanted to stay close to Momma. She was very well behaved and cooperated. She didn't want to talk but both girls tend to clam up when they are scared. The doctor still heard the mummer in her heart and felt the problematic valve was still opened, so he recommended not doing the echo just to prove it was still opened. This condition is called PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosis). She has a small valve open that should have closed at birth. Eventually she will have to have a small surgical procedure to close the valve if it doesn't close on it's own, but because she is still little they will not do that for another year or two. We are praying the Lord will close it , so she doesn't need the surgery. The nurses were so happy that she did well, so they gave her a coloring book and crayons.
We praised Madi for doing such a great job today, and we ended our fun with an ice cream cone before picking up her siblings and heading back home.
Thanks for all your prayers and concerns!
2 comments:
I remember my appointments when I was that little too, every heart appointment was a special day with me and my dad, I know what she feels like, I still hate goin to the appointments. With my heart its worse, b/c its a rare defect, by the time I am done the doctor has normally had at least five different people come in to listen to my heart! Talk about invasion of personal space! lol
Awww...don't ya just love having them one-on-one sometimes? Madi is so sweet, glad the day went smoothly. Praying for that valve to close!!!!
Post a Comment