Thursday, October 30, 2008

Lady Liberty and the Latest!

Wednesday was the Harvest Festival for the elementary students at Makenna's school. This year's Seniors chose a "Patriotic" theme. We couldn't think of too many famous females in history so we picked the Statue of Liberty (present day excluded by request). I was too cheap to pay $20 or more for a REAL outfit -- it's amazing what you can do with an old bed sheet and a highschool Home Ec education! Makenna had a bit of stage fright when it came time to say her name and tell everyone who she was. She has just gotten over being up in front of people, but she was embarrassed wearing a costume that she really didn't understand.


The girls were playing with the scraps of the sheet I used to make Makenna's costume.


Instead of riding the bus, we drove Makenna to school, so we could see the 'parade of outfits'. When I woke the girls, they were ecstatic to see the first snow. They thought they could go sled riding! The first photo was taken when I woke up. I liked how it looked but I thought the picture I tok before we left showed more detail of snow on the trees.


Since Isaiah couldn't keep quiet, we moved to the back. I tried to keep him occupied in the foyer. He is very mobile now and can walk around pretty well now. He's still a little wobbly, but he's doing very well learning to balance on his feet.


In come the 2nd & 3rd graders -- Makenna's class


This was after Makenna's emotional breakdown. She wouldn't turn her torch on when she was on the platform. She wasn't happy I made her turn it on for this picture.


Once we got home, I convinced her to take a few photos. She lost the sash, but this is her Statue of Liberty costume (and some face paint from the afternoon activities). She made me promise not to show anyone these pictures . . . remember you looked of your own free will! It will be our secret!


I turned on "The Great American Time Machine" by Patch the Pirate for the girls to hear about the Statue of Liberty. They got all goofy and started marching around the room. The levitating Lady Liberty cracks me up. I was glad to see she got over not liking the outfit.

Last weekend, my parents (Gramma & Papaw), my sister, Melanie and her FIANCE, Josh came for a visit. The girls always like to "play judo" with their black belt Aunt Mel.


Here, Mel is getting ready to throw Madi. I think Makenna just jumped on the couch, but it looks like she was throwing my kids all over the livingroom.


Madi was "throwing" Mel in this picture.


I had to post this pic because it is so strange. My camera drives me crazy! I will never buy another camera this brand -- EVER! Now that I got that off my chest. I have no idea what happened to make them look like ghosts (hey, maybe my camera is haunted -- that would explain a lot)! It looks like my camera has xray vision the way object in the backgound show through.

I would like to take this opportunity to say CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS to my sister and my future brother-in-law on their engagment. They were engaged Saturday night after they left our house.


Papaw, Gramma, Mel and Josh visiting after dinner before they headed for home.


To say the least, Madi has not been wanting to have her picture taken. Unless you catch her off guard, you will usually get a grumpy look. This picture explains everything. She saw me with the camera.


Gramma caught her, so could I grab a quick pic.


This is a guy for you . . . Rick showed Makenna how to cross her eyes. She didn't know what that looked like, obviously, so I took a picture to show her. I can't wait to see what he teaches his son!
After the kids were dressed one day last week, I noticed they matched, so I had to take their pictures. I was fortunate to snap a few shots before Madi remembered she doesn't like getting her picture taken.



Madi has been really missing her daddy lately when he goes to work. She's woken up crying wanting to know where Daddy took Makenna because she heard the door close and they were both gone. (He drives her to the end of the driveway to get on the bus and then leaves for work.) So Daddy & Madi spent a morning together talking and holding each other.
Well, I think we're up to date. I couldn't believe how many pictures I had on my camera when I uploaded them today -- over 100!

No comments: