Thursday, October 23, 2008

In No Particular Order

Since it's been a while since I've posted, I'm just going to randomly mention a few things that have happened in the last couple weeks.

Trying to avoid the inevitable, I gave Isaiah a haircut. I was a bit apprehensive having only cut the girl's hair, so I only trimmed the back. He did well as long as he was occupied. As you can see from the other picture taken later, the top still needs to be trimmed. We have to put cream on his scalp and usually have fun playing with his hair when we do . . .

Mom & Nana were busy making dinner, so Pappy stepped in to feed Isaiah dinner. Pappy learned what a demanding and rewarding job that can be . . .

Our church homeschoolers took a field trip to a local apple orchard. Madi, Zaya and I decided to tag along. It was a bit chilly, but we learned many new things about growing and processing apples. Our guide showed us how they place stickers on the apples that get full sun so there is a holiday message left behind on the apples they sell at the holidays. We also saw how the apples were processed through the sorter. Each child received a coloring book, pencil and pumpkin, and they were allowed to enter the cooler to pick out an apple. Isaiah ended up eating the apple. We had a hard time getting it away from him. I don't know if he liked the apple or the tractor more. There was even time for a quick group picture (not quick enough to catch Zaya standing) and playtime on the castle playground . . .





(I kept moving Isaiah from place to place as we moved around the orchard. And he just kept chewing on his apple.)

We took a weekend visit to Cleveland to celebrate Uncle Steve's birthday. I didn't get too many pictures. Pictured is Isaiah asking for more food -- surprise, surprise! Rick has also taught him to like touching the ceiling (or fan or light or whatever it high up). I'm guessing Rick's doesn't want Isaiah to be afraid of heights like he is. Makenna made a birthday card for Uncle Steve. She was so proud of herself and so happy he like it. She is also taking piano lessons and played her newest song for Aunt Mel . . .


No comments: