Madison found this baby chipmunk out in the yard Saturday. Since we didn't want to leave it to die, we brought it in.
This is what it looked like when we brought it in -- cold and shaking.
He just laid there in the rag.
Daddy was warming him up in his hands while he and Madison rubbed his head.
Once he warmed up, he stood up and fumbled around.
He stayed still while we fed him.
We made it a home in a cardboard box and placed it on top of a heating pad to help keep it warm. It slept for a long time.
When we went back to feed it that evening, it almost RAN out of the box!! Ya, I'm not one for rodents and especially ones that are scampering around my livingroom!!!
After we fed it, we placed it in a plastic tote that we knew it couldn't climb out of!
This is currently its home.
It likes to crawl in a little space and hide.
The Sunday update: It's still alive. {sigh} It still sleeps alot. The only cute thing about it is when we feed it now, it holds onto the dropper with it's claws. Tomorrow is the first day Daddy goes back to work since we found this thing. It has to be held (see 3rd picture up) when it's fed. I WILL NOT hold the thing so someone else can feed it and I REFUSE to trust allow one of my children to hold it while I feed it.
We'll see what happens. Daddy thinks this is a great homeschool project. I think this is one more thing that is dependent on me for survival.
1 comment:
Well, inquiring minds want to know who is feeding that little chipmunk this week?
Love ya!
Susan Den
Post a Comment