Friday, July 29, 2011

Toothless x 2

Madi has had her first loose tooth for a little while now.  Daddy told her she'd get extra money if it was out by Friday.  Before bed tonight, I suggested she spend a couple minutes wiggling it -- last chance, you know.  She wanted me to help her, but I passed her off to Dad.  Wasn't setting well with me.  Kinda runs in the family.


It only took a couple pulls and it was out -- toothless!

There was much excitement and phone calls to be made.


Then the inevitable "I'm not going to smile" phase.


But overall she was thrilled, and we are so proud of her!

The last week or so we've been mulling over a name change for the kitty.  No one (but the girls) really liked the name Licorice, but we stuck with it because that's the name that was picked.


After seeing his personality and his manurisms, we noticed something similar with a movie character.


 His ears bend back when he "fights." His eyes are the same color as Toothless from the movie.  He's playful and has such a good personality.  Don't think we've made it official, but we're trying the name out.  Once we get the ok from our oldest, it will be a done deal -- there's just something about those stubborn first-borns. Not that I would know.

So I leave you with this . . .

Toothless & Toothless

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was honestly very difficult to write this post.  Believe it or not, it took a couple hours.  It was through tears I enjoyed my little girl and the excitement that was her evening as I kept thinking of my friend, Beth, and the fact that she'll never experience a "first loose tooth" and alot of other experiences with her daughter, Kalei.  Please just continue to pray for them in the days, months and years ahead as they deal with their loss.  Actually, just pray for the Lord's quick return, so we'll all be reunited in Heaven and experience no loss or sorrow.  Wouldn't that be wonderful?

No comments: