Rick & I were able to get away for a few days last week (thanks to Nana & Pappy)! I guess you could call it a tradition since we've done it for three years now. We get in on the special winter rates they run at Inn at Amish Door in Wilmot, Ohio.

(Photo from website as I didn't take one.) It's a gorgeous place even at the end of a barren winter.

They offer special deals on their "honeymoon suite". It has a kitchenette . . .

. . . livingroom with fireplace and breakfast nook . . .

. . . a king-sized bed and a huge bathroom with a hot tub! We always enjoy our stay.

This year we hung out quite a bit in Millersburg. Didn't pay too much attention to it before this year. We found the best place to eat -- Hotel Millersburg (next time we'll have to schedule time for a tour). And we found this quaint shop. Doesn't look like much from the outside.

But it also has a lot of history like the hotel. This is a built in safe. It used to be a pharmacy and a clothing store. Rick thoroughly enjoyed reading all about it's past.

I enjoyed looking at all the creative things they had for sale. An old shutter painted up cute with a chalkboard in the middle.

An old screen painted up for a wall hanging.

So many ideas! Wonder which one of my kids will be the first to "benefit" from my new found ideas! HA!

Found some other fun ideas in crafts stores. Don't know if you've ever heard of I Spy bottles. This shop had pouches. We've started to collect items to make a find it bottle of our own! The kids are so excited.

Rick found this and pointed it out to me. I kinda rather like it!!
It's me! Maybe I should put one on my front door to scare away burglers!

Actually found quite a few cute signs!

This is an awful picture, but it's the only [fat-faced] one we took. We went bowling with some friends one night. We had a blast! Sadly, us old folks had aching arms the next day. We're SO out of shape!

One of our favorite finds was the table-top corn hole game! The kids love it. Isaiah is even pretty good with it. I look forward to many evenings enjoying this as a family! Course we had to get the black 'n gold version!
No comments:
Post a Comment