Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ready, Set . . .

Well, we're in "school" mode around here. Reviewing school work. Supplies, bookbags and lunch boxes have been bought. Excitement is building. Unbelievably, Makenna will be in 4th grade and Madison will be going to 1st grade this year. Leaving me at home with just my baby! I'm hoping to get so much accomplished around here, but that's a whole other story.

Madi received a card from her new teacher this week. It listed 10 things she needed to bring to school. #1 was "a BIG smile". Guess who was running around most of the afternoon with a BIG smile?!? "Mommy, this is my school smile!" She's so adorable. Her teacher is one of the best. I'm so looking forward to all she's going to learn this year.

I've been making skorts for the girls for school. (Please ignore the boy with NO PANTS in the background! HA! It was one of those days. Makenna doesn't care for pictures so I had to go candid.) Here's one of the skorts I made her.


Here's the one I made Madi. She hasn't seen it yet. Hopefully I'll remember to take a picture of her in it and post it.
Here's the other style:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love their new skorts they are really cute! Great job Janelle!
Love the sneak peek of your new deck also.
Post a larger picture or email me one.
Have a great day!