Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh well . . .

These were meant to go on the end of the post, but I don't have the time or patience to do it . . . just a few fun pics.



(This is my favorite! May have to blow it up for his room.)

====================

The kids and I are visiting friends in NY for a few days. I backed up pictures onto CDs lately and thought I'd bring them along so I could update the blog since it's been a while. Unfortunately I didn't grab the right CD, and I'm not able to do an update on Isaiah's bday. I'm bummed to say the least. I'll just have to hit a couple "highlights" of other things we've been up to lately.

Last week, our beloved Aunt Margie went home. We believe she trusted in the Lord, but were never able to get final confirmation. For the benefit of her other family members, she had a Catholic funeral. It was interesting at the least. I often wanted to stand up and shout "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" and other portions of Scripture that refuted what the priest said. It was empty and not at all comforting. If we didn't know her testimony, it would have been really difficult to sit through as a Christian. We are thankful she is no longer suffering and are thankful that she was such a blessed part of our lives.

A friend invited us to their pool for the afternoon. Little Miss Chicken finally would go off the steps in the baby float! She had a good time. Hopefully it was a confidence builder and she'll be more excited to go in the water next time.

Isaiah had more fun squirting everyone with his quirt gun. Makenna was practicing her scuba skills.
And the BIGGEST NEWS of all! Isaiah is old enough to go in the Iggle's Nest!! For those of you non-local folk, our grocery store, Giant Eagle, has a babysitting area where the kids can do crafts, play games, watch movies, etc. This area is for 3 to 9 year olds, so this was his first time. For the last month or so, if you asked Isaiah "how old are you going to be on your birthday?" His response was always "I 3. I go Iggle's Nest!" usually accompanied by much jumping for joy! They made t-shirts with lions on them. If I remember, I'll have to take a picture of the kids in their shirts and post it.

No comments: