Yesterday our family had the honor of driving to Cleveland to see my mom presented with the Mother of the Year award at Cleveland Baptist Church (the church I grew up in). It was definitely a long weekend, but I am so glad we were able to go.

Here we are waiting in the wings until Pastor Folger makes the announcement.
+siblings.jpg)
All grown up ~ Jonathan (#4), Melanie (#3), Janelle (#1) and Stephen (#2)

Candid shot of the family while taking professional pictures. Rick's parents are on the left. We are blessed that our parents are close friends. They were so excited to come along with us.
+edit.jpg)
Papaw, Gramma & the grandkids

The "Hosey" family
.JPG)
The church treats the Mother of the Year and family to lunch.

We headed back to Papaw & Gramma's house to enjoy the dessert Aunt Mel made for us.

Gramma patiently waiting for her piece.

Isaiah was a source of entertainment for the afternoon.
Mom, you know my perspective of you has changed over the last 9 years. I'm sure I will be apologizing for more things I did as a child as my children continue to grow. I am so thankful that you & Dad chose to raise your children for the Lord and thankful that you put a great deal of effort into accomplishing that task. I hope that my life is fruit for your labor. I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with a mom to go along side me in this journey of motherhood. As much as I lean on you, I can't even fathom how you made it through motherhood without your mother. I pray God gives us many more memories together and pray you recieve much more joy as a reward for your hard work.
2 comments:
Many things from this post I could comment on... that I'm so happy for your mom... that it's about time your mom got the MOY award, since we all know she's the best... that you all must be so proud... BUT the ONE THING I took away from this post is this: MEL MADE DESSERT!!! Talk about a monumental event not just for her, but for the entire FAMILY!!! And I'm assuming that since you took pictures that it wasn't rock-hard or burnt solid? hehehehe Great post and beautiful pictures and yes, Congratulations to Mrs. H.
oh har har. you're such a riot Bec =)
Actually, dessert is about the one thing I'm certain will come out right when cooking. I told Josh last week we're just going to have to live off desserts and give up "real food." Real food tends to be a hit or miss. =) Mel
Post a Comment