Friday, January 8, 2010

Sick & Tired

If the title doesn't give it away, I'm in a negative mood. I've tried again and again to be positive. I even got up early, showered, got dressed (as in non-lounge clothes . . . One charming child even asked where we were going. Thanks charming child! Happens that said child already commented on mommy's fat arms and thighs this week! Way to boost your self esteem.), put on make-up, then got to work. That lasted about 10 minutes until the kids started "not getting along." Interruption 1 out of 5,492!

We've been pretty much stuck at home since last Saturday. We ran out once Wednesday to grab ginger ale and bananas since the last one of the us got the flu Tuesday. We're snowed in. We had a neighbor's dad plow our driveway yesterday so I was able to get out and do my bi-weekly shopping, but how fun is that when you're racing against time to get home before the big snow storm hits and shopping with 3 kids?!? Daddy's been working late all week. We're hoping (against hope I might add) that he'll leave early and not get snowed in at work. The days are long to say the least. Makenna didn't go to school Wednesday or Thursday since she was sick and there was a snow day today. If it wasn't for the hassle of bundling everyone up, keeping an eye on them and trying to warm them back up when they came inside, I'd send them outside to run off some of their energy . . . Thank the Lord for Little Girls Baking Club tomorrow!

I have so been wanting to blog but don't feel I should when there are dirty dishes in the sink, laundry and school to be done. (Not that it is now. I just had to take a break!) I'd love to get caught up and then designate one evening a week or some small amount of time to work on a post or two. Right now the Christmas post is overwhelming. There are so many cute pictures and stories to tell, but they take time to upload. I thought of making a few collages, but the pics still need uploaded, edited, etc. HUH! (As Zaya likes to say. He's picked that up from Mama after things go wrong. Lovely example that I am, I know.)

Life isn't bad compared to most . . . we ARE so blessed. I just had to vent to make myself feel better. So please excuse the rant (all two of you that ready my blog -- ha!) Sleeping on the floor or recliner a few days last week with multiple interruptions (every 30 to 60 minutes a couple nights) really doesn't help. Thankfully everyone is healthy and it's almost the weekend when Daddy will be home to round up the troops and tend to the wood burner -- two things that get under my skin easily when I want to get work done. Seems like I'm having to stop every 10 minutes to give attention to one or the other.

To end on a happy note, here's a video I took a few days ago. I hope you can hear it well enough. Madi received a Christian Nursery Rhyme Book for Christmas. So Makenna decided to teach Zaya a nursery rhyme (kinda). They say, "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall. Humpty Dumpty fell of the wall." and then proceed to fall on the floor. Isaiah's version is more like "Dumtpy, Dumtpy, Dumpty, Dumpty, Wall!"


No comments: