Monday, May 21, 2012

Why I Love Pinterest

For those of you that have not heard of Pinterest, here's a simple definition.


Like most things, there's a good and a bad side.


There are so many things that you can pin on Pinterest . . . craft ideas, educational / homeschooling helps, decoration tips, funny or motivational quotes, gardening tips, recipes and the list goes on and on.  Click HERE to see a great recipe I found this week.

I'm trying to convince the hubby Pinterest is saving us a lot of money, but I don't think he's buying it so far.  I hope to use some of the ideas I've pinned for decorations in our new home.  I'll definitely post pictures of them when I do.  Have to wait for school to end first though.  Only a couple more weeks!!  Can't wait.

This was long overdue, but I just got around to planting some seeds for my garden this weekend.  I don't even want to talk about it it's so upsetting.  We had it on the calendar to plant in early April, and we just didn't have the time.

I was able to use a couple ideas I saw on Pinterest.  Here I used sticks to mark the vegetables!  All you need is a Sharpie, some sticks (there happened to be a couple dead branches on trees in our back yard) and a cutting utensil.



The second idea I used: turning a milk jug into a watering can.  Since my plants are currently on the deck, I don't have a way to "gently" water them.  Boy, do I wish my kitchen sprayer reached outside! ;)  I remembered seeing the idea to poke holes in the lid of a jug and fill it with water to make a watering can!


Not sure how this one will work, but Madison wanted to plant carrots.  Someone posted and I pinned using a 2-liter bottle to grow carrots!  Since we started late, I don't think we're going to bother making garden boxes this year.  We have more yard work to do to see where we might even want a garden anyway.  This should give them room to grow since they grow into the dirt and not up.


You observant folks probably noticed I only used things that I had lying around (milk jug, 2-liter bottles, sticks, planting containers, etc.).  The seeds and dirt were already purchased, so this project cost me $0.00.  I'm pretty sure that's saving money, even from an accountant's point of view.  Well, on my way to proving my point!

No comments: