
Makenna wanted to be a candy corn. We thought it was a unique idea. Turns out there were three of them that had the same great idea! I thought a bag of leaves would have been a good idea, but Madi was too embarrassed to do that. (Someone else did dress up as a bag of leaves.) She ended up being a fall fairy. We were trying to mimic the fairy on the Tinkerbell movie that changes the trees and flowers into fall colors. The name isn't easy to say, and we figured most people wouldn't know how that was anyway.
Madison ended winning best girl costume for 1st grade. This makes me laugh and here's why . . . I came a couple minutes early to help them get ready before they paraded on stage to show their costumes. I started with Madi because she just wore regular clothes to school. She thought she looked silly and started crying. She didn't want to come out of the bathroom. When I finally convinced her to come out of the bathroom, she hid under the stairwell. I ended up leaving her there (other adults were present) because I had to help Makenna get ready. By the time I had Makenna ready, Madi was sitting with her class. When it was her class's turn, she walked right up on stage, said her name and what she was supposed to be with a bounce in her step! What drama and I wonder why I'm stressed?!?
Just in case Isaiah wanted to dress up I threw his Steelers jersey on him so he could be a football player. He did tell people that's what he was supposed to be. Which reminds me of another story. We drive by a college football field often. He's seen football practice or games there occasionally. He says, "I no do dat. I det hurt." I just tell him when he gets bigger he can play. Now he says, "I det bigger. I do dat. I no det hurt."Each of the girls' classes had pizza for lunch. Kenna's class got to walk to a nearby pizza parlor. Then the entire elementary went to the local YMCA to play games and get goodie bags.
No comments:
Post a Comment